Doctolib is an online booking platform and management software provider for doctors in Europe working with 70 000 health practitioners, present in 1 400 health facilities. 30 million patients visit Doctolib website and mobile app every month.
For doctors, Doctolib is a full-range service to improve bookings management, reduce no-show and bring new patients to your office. For patients, Doctolib is a free online service to find a nearby health practitioner and book doctor or dentist appointments 24/24 and 7/7 within a few clicks.
You are developer by heart but also interested in managing people? You are experienced in frontend and backend developing? You’ve already successfully managed small or mid sized teams? You’re looking for something that has a positive impact on the lives of millions of people? Then join us to revolutionize the healthcare sector!Doctolib is looking for an engineering manager to join its growing and dynamic technical team in order to keep offering an amazing service to doctors and patients. We’re a french-german company with more than 700 people and more than 100 are working in the tech team which is distributed in our HQs in Paris and Berlin.
(i) Core Responsibilities
- Building and managing a team of fullstack developer which are covering frontend and backend responsibilities
- Active participation in the roadmap planning and ensure a delivery in time and quality
- Creating and maintaining reasonable team KPIs/KQIs Train and foster your team (e.g. continuous coaching, individual development plans)
- Taking end-to-end ownership of the team’s products and features
- Collaborate with product owners and other engineering managers to maximize effiency and effectivity between the tech centers in Berlin and Paris
- Be a hands-on functional sparring partner and a supportive mentor for your team
- Ensure in collaboration with HR that we’re hiring the best candidates in the market
- Be the first technical contact point for internal stakeholders and external partners
- Improve the performance in production in order to support Doctolib in its high growth
(ii) Profile Requirements
- You’re experienced in leading development teams (with more than 3 developer) for longer than 3 years
- You worked as a fullstack developer for more than 5 years (ideally mastering a MVC framework and working on backend functionalities)
- You’re experienced in managing projects (at least on a technical level to be in charge of time and quality of the delivery)You are able to adapt to the most efficient technologies for a given problem
- You have a solid understanding of the business challenges of your company
- You are user-oriented and you have a very good product sense.
- You want to develop super robust and secure products, you think that everything should be tested and you are convinced that eXtreme programming practices are a must (code review, pair programming, TDD, …)
- You are a team player, a functional sparring partner and a passionate mentor You are fluent in English
(iii) What do we offer?
A team of 700 amazing people, passionate about a common project. An agile product development environment and an international team. A tailor fit ramp-up program for your role, with more than 30 sessions. Time and budget for self-development: participation in conferences such as EuRuKo Conf & ReactEurope; free time dedicated to preparing talks for meetups and conferences. A management academy to support you in improving your managing capabilities. Exchange program between Berlin and Paris to foster a strong collaboration between the technology centers. A great office in the heart of Berlin! A few DoctoParties, DoctoMonthly Meetings, DoctoBeers, DoctoWeek-ends..The opportunity to revolutionize a whole industry!
The job is located in Berlin!